About Me

My photo
Melrose, MA, United States
Hi there, and thanks for visiting my Blog! How did I get started? Well, when I was pretty young, my mom taught me all the basics of sewing. It seemed to come natural to me, and by the time I was in middle school, I began to make lots of my own clothes. I did some sewing for people I knew, (including my mom!)and then bought my first sewing machine in 1986 when I decided that I would make my own wedding gown! I live in Melrose, MA with my husband and our 3 boys. When expecting our first, I started to make dolls, just in case I had a girl. I continued making and selling them as they were fun to make and customize for a special girl. I work out of my home and have had the great experience of making gowns, home fashions, dolls and doing many alterations over the years. My work has been largely word of mouth, with very little advertising. I think you will find my work unique and would like to create something special just for you!

Monday, February 6, 2017

My contribution to the Patriots LI Superbowl Win - You're Welcome!

Ok, I'm not bragging or anything, but I DO think I contributed to the Patriots come-from-behind win this Superbowl LI...here's how it played out....

I was watching the uneventful, sometimes even painful to watch (for Patriots fans), first half with my other half, in the living room. I even watched Lady Gaga's unbelievable performance from in there.

Then, I thought, {sigh} I'VE GOT WORK TO DO....


So, for the second half, I retreated to my happy place, my sewing area, where I have 5 wedding gowns (2 for March weddings) that needed my attention. I turned on the TV to the Superbowl, at this point for background noise, and prepared my work.


I looked at what needed to be done, analyzed it, then GOT TO WORK


I think I was channeling this train of thought to the Patriots - GET TO WORK


So, that's it....a soon as I sat down at my machine, the crowds started going crazy, and I looked over at the TV for the replay...over and over...I continued to work, listen and watch, as I knew my contribution to their success was primarily important and I couldn't give up on them! 
Way to go Patriots!!!!!


You know the rest of the story - and You're Welcome!



No comments: