About Me

My photo
Melrose, MA, United States
Hi there, and thanks for visiting my Blog! How did I get started? Well, when I was pretty young, my mom taught me all the basics of sewing. It seemed to come natural to me, and by the time I was in middle school, I began to make lots of my own clothes. I did some sewing for people I knew, (including my mom!)and then bought my first sewing machine in 1986 when I decided that I would make my own wedding gown! I live in Melrose, MA with my husband and our 3 boys. When expecting our first, I started to make dolls, just in case I had a girl. I continued making and selling them as they were fun to make and customize for a special girl. I work out of my home and have had the great experience of making gowns, home fashions, dolls and doing many alterations over the years. My work has been largely word of mouth, with very little advertising. I think you will find my work unique and would like to create something special just for you!

Friday, November 14, 2014

A busy season?







Fabric selection for client's custom dress

It used to be that I was the busiest in Prom, dance recital and spring/summer Bridal "seasons" from March through July mostly. The Fall is usually the time of year I catch my breath, maybe even do some sewing for myself (a rarity indeed!). The phone doesn't ring at all. Not the case this year. I have had so many phone calls and emails for alterations, Fall weddings, custom work, and questions about future work, I just am amazed! I recently went away, and as soon as I turned my phone on after touching down at Logan, I had a text and a voicemail from 2 people needing alterations. One was a return client. Some have found me on the internet via my website or Facebook page, others are word of mouth, or are return clients. For the referrals and returning clients, I thank you! That is how I built my business before I even used the internet and stands true to still being my best advertisement.
Side gussets added to 2 dresses
Custom curtains inspired by photo on left


Facebook, my website, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram have allowed me, in the past few years, to post current updates, photos of my work and people have written recommendations on my "wall" for others to see as well...which has really given me a boost! So follow me on Twitter (and retweet my tweets!), LinkedIn and Instagram, and "like" Fashions by Tamara on Facebook!

The internet has proven to be a valuable tool for getting Fashions by Tamara on the North Shore map!
Thank you all for supporting me, spreading the word and keeping me busy!
Website

Heirloom veil used to make one of a kind garter

No comments: