About Me

My photo
Melrose, MA, United States
Hi there, and thanks for visiting my Blog! How did I get started? Well, when I was pretty young, my mom taught me all the basics of sewing. It seemed to come natural to me, and by the time I was in middle school, I began to make lots of my own clothes. I did some sewing for people I knew, (including my mom!)and then bought my first sewing machine in 1986 when I decided that I would make my own wedding gown! I live in Melrose, MA with my husband and our 3 boys. When expecting our first, I started to make dolls, just in case I had a girl. I continued making and selling them as they were fun to make and customize for a special girl. I work out of my home and have had the great experience of making gowns, home fashions, dolls and doing many alterations over the years. My work has been largely word of mouth, with very little advertising. I think you will find my work unique and would like to create something special just for you!

Friday, September 9, 2011

New Beginnings!

Back to school time means more time to focus on my sewing.


I am a proud sponsor of a fashion show being held by Tailored for Success, Inc., called "Fashion with a Purpose" on September 18th. TFS is a local nonprofit organization "dedicated to helping economically disadvantaged women return to the workforce." For those interested in learning more about this organization, please visit: http://tailoredforsuccess.org/aboutus.aspx


I have also made the decision to expand my business, particularly in Bridal, by advertising on the New England Bridal Affair website. This is really a big step for me and I am really looking forward to seeing how it works out. My logo will be on their site for the next 9 months, and longer if it works well for me. Here's a link: http://www.newenglandbridalaffair.com/sponsors

Wish me luck!

No comments: